Updated 24th Feb 2021:
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the associated worldwide restrictions on global travel we are unable to run overseas tours until June 2021 at the earliest.
DAY TOURS & EVENING TOURS:
Whilst Covid restricts overseas travel why not consider a day tour in Devon?
From April we are running UK birding day tours for up to 5 people in East Devon. Local specialities include Cirl Bunting, Dartford Warbler, Dipper, Nightjar and more. We also offer tailor made days for butterflies & dragonflies as well as daily evening beaver & otter tours.
Visit our sister company or email us for more details:
Devon Beaver & Wildlife Tours
Overseas Tours and Travel
We will be sending out a new E-Newsletter in March which will give an update on all our overseas 2021 tours and their departure status. Please join our E-Newsletter through the main menu link at the top of this page to ensure you receive this news update.
If you are considering travelling overseas again, then you may find the following summary helpful.
What to expect when travelling by air now?
In addition to the now expected face coverings, hand sanitising stations and social distancing, the following are just a few points that are now becoming normal practice at airports:
- Evidence of a negative PCR Test for Covid-19 is becoming a mandatory requirement for many international flights before being granted access to board your flight.
- Test centres will become a normal formality at UK airports where these certificates can be obtained prior to departure.
- Temperature checks on arrival at airports.
- Many destinations require the need to quarantine on arrival back into the UK for up to 10 days and further PCR Covid-19 tests to be taken.
- You can read the latest guidance from the Foreign on safer air travel can be found on the FCDO website.
Most travel insurance companies now have varying degrees of Covid cover and need careful reading of their policies to be sure of what exactly is covered.
Cancellations & Refunds due to Covid-19
If we are forced to cancel a tour due to FCDO Travel Advice, we will offer you:
1 – an automatic credit transfer to reserve a place on the same tour departing in 2022.
2 – a credit transfer to use on a different Wise Birding tour in the future.
3 – or a full refund.
Please note if you choose to cancel your holiday before we officially cancel a tour, our standard booking terms & conditions will apply.
Finally, we would like to thank all our customers for their continued support and trust in Wise Birding Holidays and we very much look forward to travelling with you again when it is safe to do so. In the meantime, please do keep in touch and we wish you a healthy and peaceful 2021.