Updated 21 November 2020: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak and the associated worldwide restrictions on global travel, we are not running any overseas tours until 2021.
On a more positive note, there now seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel with the recent encouraging news about vaccines. Of course, there will still be many Covid restrictions in place for international travel for a long time yet and these will vary from country to country, but the clear message is that things are certainly improving.
As a result of this news we are beginning to receive more bookings for travel again in 2021 and 2022.
We will soon be sending out an E-Newsletter which will give an update on all our 2021 tours and their departure status.
Please join our E-Newsletter through the main menu link at the top of this page to ensure you receive this news update.
If you are considering travelling overseas again, then you may find the following summary helpful.
We very much look forward to travelling with you again soon.
What to expect when travelling by air now?
In addition to the expected face coverings, hand sanitising stations and social distancing, the following are just a few points that are now becoming normal practice at airports:
- Evidence of a negative PCR Test for Covid-19 is becoming a mandatory requirement for many international flights before being granted access to board your flight.
- Test centres will become a normal formality at UK airports where these certificates can be obtained prior to departure.
- Temperature checks on arrival at airports.
- Many destinations require the need to quarantine on arrival back into the UK for up to 14 days, though this is expected to be reduced to 7 days or less with proof of a further negative PCR Covid-19 test.
- You can read the latest guidance from the Foreign on safer air travel can be found on the FCDO website.
Most travel insurance companies now have varying degrees of Covid cover and need careful reading of their policies to be sure of what exactly is covered.
If we are forced to cancel a tour due to FCDO Travel Advice, we will offer you:
1 – an automatic credit transfer of your pre-tour payment to reserve a place on the same tour departing in 2022.
2 – a credit transfer to a different Wise Birding tour in the future.
3 – or a full refund.
Please note if YOU choose to cancel your holiday before we officially cancel a tour, our standard booking conditions will apply.